Twins from a different mother
Have any of you ever met a male version of yourself? I tell you it is the strangest most compelling thing to talk to someone who absolutely thinks like you do (especially because he's male and men and women often think so differently anyway). I've sort of been outside the bellcurve of normal my whole life so to meet someone and get that instant recognition of "knowing" them because they are you is a very unusual thing.

12 Comments:
I have never met someone like that. If I did I would wonder if it had any significance, and what it would bring for the future.
Good question Ava. It is a very strange feeling, very compeling.
I think I may have just met one. :)
Its interesting isn't it LeAnne, that's what I thought too when I read your latest entry.
What's interesting to me about this is that the recognition was mutual, we've discussed it and compared notes and more and more "sameness" has appeared.
Yes, it is interesting. I'm betting you've been having the same kind of moments I've been having lately when you just say, "YES! YES! That's IT! You GET it!" when the other person says something that you've thought so many times before, but never heard another person say it just that way. And yet, sometimes as you said, you just know it without having said a word. It is in the discussing and comparing of notes that it simply confirmed. I think it somehow ties in with the being "seen" theme. Something about that person reflects back your own image of yourself and vice versa. You know that they do SEE you, and GET you because you are so much alike. The term kindred spirits comes to mind.
Prom, I'm so happy for you.
And yes, I have. Why do you think that I've been holding on with all of my might to John? He is me. I am him. We are eachother.
And things are becoming what I've wanted them to be.
Brownie!!! Yay for you girl.
Maybe yay for me, life is confusing and compelling though.
LeAnne, you nailed it - being seen and seeing and that
"YES! YES! That's IT! You GET it!" going in both directions. Huh.
Well, I'm just tickled pink for everyone! YAY for everyone! Kind of makes you wonder if there isn't some auspicious planetary alignment going on.
Brownie, I had no idea that things were looking up for you and John. I'm so very happy to hear that!
Well - I am extremely happy for all of you! It sounds like you have found something special that cetainly does not occur every day! Wow!
Well I didn't mean to give anyone the wrong impression (what with all your talk about your prospects) unless you were all thinking "great new friend" :-) but hey that is a wonderful thing.
I was thinking, "great that you now have someone you can share that part of you with that you don't feel you can share with anyone else."
:)
Yep, that's right too J.
Post a Comment
<< Home